Chakras originate from the Tantric traditions that developed in ancient India. They are focal points for meditation within the human body, which are visualized as structures of energy resembling discs or flowers located where the energy channels (also known as meridians) converge.
These energetic centers are located along the spine. They can be thought of as rapidly rotating wheels, which is why they are also called energy wheels.
If the flow of energy is interrupted or obstructed, it is called a blockage, which can reinforce feelings of anxiety and separateness. In order to remove these blockages, an attempt is made to stimulate the respective chakra using various therapeutic approaches.
The Benefits of chakra meditation
- Improve overall health and well being
- Increase memory, concentration and focus
- Help burn body fat and lose weight
- Decrease levels of anger and depression
- Increase creativity and productivity
- Lower anxiety and stress levels